Author Topic: Calf Liposuctrion  (Read 1306 times)

Dr. Donn Hickman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Aesthetically You Plastic Surgery Centre
Calf Liposuctrion
« on: December 16, 2016, 11:04:30 PM »
A consumer asks a question as to whether she is a candidate for calf and ankle liposuction for contouring and what device is best----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Am I a candidate for calf and ankle liposuction? Should I get Vaser Hi Definition Lipo or traditional liposuction?

A: Calf and Ankle Liposuction Best Technology
Hello scalpelplease:

The doctor may use the device he or she currently has available.  This can be traditional (suction-assist), power-assist, laser-assist,  Vaser (which is a 4th generation ultrasonic device), Tickle Lipo (vibration-assist), Syringe-assist only,  Cooling external fat dissoving technology etc.  For lipo procedures on delicate areas and thin zones of the calves and ankles, it  is my feeling that less intense power be used during the suction. I prefer the traditional (suction-assist) only so I have complete control over the cannula movement.  The small
microcannulaes of 1.7mm, 2.4 mm, and 3.0 mm size are used with this method. The noninvasive tissue cooling devices are not as precise and offer 12-25% improvement over 6-12 months. I believe they are not as ideal for calves and ankles.

With newer devices employing ultrasonic technology, there is less heat and tendency for skin inflammation.  Do not be confused.  Each surgeon will have a different perspective. I personally believe classic suction or traditional liposuction is preferred to avert skin healing issues. Liposuction of the calves and ankles with small microcannulas, is often an overlooked enhancement since many consumers are principally focused on the  abdomen, hips, and thighs.    Best wishes.